Annoucemnt-MSC- ERC_ AAIT-23Dec
የኢትዮጵያ የምድር ባቡር ኮርፖሬሽን
ከአዲስ አበባ ቴክኖሎጂ ኢንስቲትዩት ጋር በመተባበር የሚሰጥ
የባቡር ምሕንድስና የማስተርስ ዲግሪ (MSc) ኘሮግራም የምዝገባ ማስታወቂያ
Registration Announcement for MSc Study in Railway Engineering:
The Program run by the Ethiopian Railways Corporation (ERC)
in collaboration with the Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT)
The Ethiopian Railways Corporation (ERC) is mandated to build a modern railway infrastructure and provide rail transport services. As stipulated in the Growth & Transformation Plan (GTP, ambitious targets are set. In order to meet these targets, the local capacity building especially acquiring professional human resource in the railway sector is identified to play an important role. In this regard, ERC in collaboration with the Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT) is planning to launch a Master’s Degree Programme in the various fields of Engineering in collaboration with Addis Ababa Institute of Technology.
ERC and other governmental institutions personnel; and individuals from private sector with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering are invited to join the program. Individuals interested to pursue their professional career in Railway Engineering discipline are encouraged to register and qualify for admission.
This MSc Program which is to be conducted by the Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT) and will begin in the following Railway Engineering fields as of March 2012:
1. MSc in Railway Civil Engineering;
2. MSc in Railway Electrical Engineering; and,
3. MSc in Railway Mechanical Engineering.
AAiT has developed Curricula with reference to international MSc Degree programs in Railway Engineering. These Curricula meet international standards and will associate with selected overseas Universities during the delivery of some of the Courses.
• The program shall be implemented at AAiT and shall follow the regular curriculum designs and requirements leading to an MSc Degree in the respective fields of Railway Engineering.
• The program shall be geared to meet the specific needs of ERC, involving the National Railway Network of Ethiopia and the Light Rail Transit in the survey, design, construction, operation and maintenance of railway system including the Civil Engineering works, tracks, permanent way, electrification, rolling stock, locomotives, signaling & communication, and the design & management of stations.
• ERC will employ some of the selected candidates and cover their MSc study.
• ERC is willing to sponsor tuition fee and other educational expenses of interested potential candidates employed by other governmental or private organizations who qualify the admission requirements.
• Prospective students with BSc Degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related fields can apply using the address given below. Applicants should submit relevant documents showing their qualification, passport size photographs and CV’s from January 23 to January 27, 2012. Shortlisted applicants are expected to take an entrance exam and AAiT will announce the examination date & place through AAiT web site (http\\:www.aait.edu.et) and ERC web site (http\\:www.erc.gov.et) as well as in the internal notice boards of AAiT and ERC.
• Please note that finally accepted students have to submit their official transcripts for registration.
Address of Application
Office of the A/Associate Dean of Research and PG programs
Addis Ababa Institute of Technology
Amist Kilo, Addis Ababa