We have 80 guests online
Projects - Addis Ababa –Ijaji-Jimma - Bedele Railway Project
Wednesday, 14 September 2011 09:09 | Last Updated on Friday, 11 November 2011 08:12 | Written by Administrator | | |
Page 5 of 7
Addis Ababa –Ijaji-Jimma - Bedele Railway Project
- Has a total length of 496 km
- Single track of the whole route
- Freight transportation and mobility of passenger
- Driven by renewable energy source (electric traction) Standard Gauge (1.435 meters)
Sebeta, Ambo, Ijaji, Seka, Jimm,Agaro,Toba,Dembi and, Bedele are the major stations along this corridor.
Special Features of the Project
- Reduces the travel time to the southwest part of the country.
- Connects Ethiopia to the neighboring country South Sudan.